Effective Date: December 15, 2018
- The Information that we collect on the Website and how we collect it
- How we may the information that we collect
- How we may share information with third parties
- The security of your information
A. User Consent and Incorporation.
B. Information We Collect and How We Collect It.
- User Provided Information:You may provide certain information, including personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address, telephone number, billing address, shipping address, and credit card information) (“Personal Information”) to btru botanicals when choosing to participate in various activities on the Website such as purchasing our products, contacting us for further information, subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists, posting a product review or registering on the Website in order to set up a new account. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online as part of product reviews or via comments to our blog or articles becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload comments. We urge you to exercise caution when posting Personal Information as part of these activities as we cannot guarantee that it will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Log File Information:When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information:When you use the Website, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
C. How We May Use the Information We Collect.
We use information that we collect on the Website, including Personal Information:
- To provide you the features and functionality of the Website.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with advertisements and information while you are on other websites regarding our products and services that we believe you may find interesting and to monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- For non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Website or of information about your account or for customer service purposes).
- To improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services and for research and analysis, including by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website and to provide custom, personalized content and information
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
D. How We May Share Information.
We may disclose aggregated, de-identified information about our Users and information that does not identify any individual for any purpose as permitted by applicable law. For example, we may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
We may share or disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide in the following ways:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of btru botanicals’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by btru botanicals about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or for which we obtain your consent.
- We may release Personal Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- btru botanicals also reserves the right to disclose Personal Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that btru botanicals believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Website, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of btru botanicals, our Users or others. We do not share your Personal Information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their own commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
E. Your Information Choices.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information we collect or which you provide to us. There are a number of ways you can exercise control over the Personal Information collected on the Website, which are described below. Of course, you may choose not to provide any Personal Information to btru botanicals online by electing not to enter any Personal Information into a form or data field on our web sites, and by not using any personalized services provided by the Website. However, some of the Website is available only to individuals who provide Personal Information or who use personalized services.
- Limitations And Options Regarding Uses And Disclosures For Other Purposes:Some services on the Website may request your permission to use and disclose Personal Information about you in order to add you to our contact lists, to enable you to list yourself in a directory or a social media resource, and to identify and offer additional services and promotions that we believe you might find interesting. You can limit the use of Personal Information about you by checking or un-checking options provided at the time that you enter that information or that we may offer to you in the future. Additionally, you may change your communications preferences (such as to opt-out of communications you requested previously) by contacting us.
F. Data Security.
btru botanicals uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to btru botanicals and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. The safety of your information also depends on you. Users of the Website are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our Website. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Website, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Website are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited.
G. A Note About Children.
The Website is not directed to or designed to attract individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information to btru botanicals. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), btru botanicals will never knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen (13).
H. International Users.
J. Contact Information: